Details: Start with SpyFu Main
1. Start by searching your own domain in the search bar at the top of SpyFu.com.
2. On the results page, scroll down to the Top Organic (and Top Ad) Competitors section.
3. Select the “view more” button to open the list of competitors in your browser, and use the stats like budget and clicks to determine your up and coming threats.
Details: Start with Ad History
1. Enter an industry keyword into the search bar on SpyFu. Scroll down to “Most Successful Advertisers and Their Best Ads.”
2. The results page will list all domains that have advertised on that keyword in the past 12 months.
3. Older ads are to the left, and more recent ads run to the right. The domains are listed from top to bottom, similar to their ad positions.
4. Use that pattern to identify emerging competitors who appear toward the top (competitively ranked) and to the right (newer to the scene). Domains that ran the yellow-circled ads are good examples of new 1st-page advertisers, but the blue circled ads come from domains that are relatively new on this keyword, and they still place pretty low in ad positions.